- 1.1 I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of wwww.andrewshearer.com visitors. In this policy I explain how I will treat your personal information.
2. What information is collected and how is it used?
- 2.1 www.andrewshearer.com
When you use my website, its hosting service Easily and Google Analytics will collect your IP address and non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browser you use, the device you are using to view my website, the site from which you linked to my website etc. You cannot be identified from this information and it is used for internal statistical analysis only.
Website cookies are also used to keep help track of your use of the website. Their use specifically on this website is explained below in Cookie Usage.
- 2.2 Newsletter
When you sign up to my newsletter, in addition to your email address, Your Mailing List Provider will also collect your IP address and non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browser you use and location. This helps us ensure your email address is being used with your authorisation.
I will use your email address to send you the Andrew Shearer newsletters which you have subscribed to.
If you wish, you may opt out from receiving these newsletters at any time by using the unsubscribe option on the newsletter page.
- 2.3 PayPal
Credit card payments for CDs and downloads are processed by the secure payment service provider PayPal. I, nor Affaire de Coeur Music Ltd, do not receive any credit card details and PayPal only forwards delivery and contact information so that I may deliver the CDs or downloads that you have purchased.
- 2.4 Facebook
This site has the Andrew Shearer Facebook feed embedded on every webpage.
- 2.5 Twitter
This site has the Andrew Shearer Twitter feed embedded on every webpage.
- 2.6 YouTube
On some pages YouTube is embedded to allow the viewing / listening of performances, interviews etc.
- 2.7 BandCamp
On some pages Bandcamp is embedded to allow the playing and purchase of downloads of my songs.
- 2.8 Other Third Parties
3. Cookie Usage
- 3.2 Cookies are small files placed on your computer's hard drive, or in your browser memory, when you visit. They help us find out what parts of the site you visit, what you like and what is most relevant to you. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that I store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- 3.3 To ensure you get the best from my website, I advise that users keep cookies active on their machine whilst visiting my website particularly if you are subscribing / unsubscribing to my newsletter, or purchasing a CD or download.
- 3.4 This website uses two type of cookies:
i. Session cookies - session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. No personally-identifiable data is collected. We store one session cookie which enables us to identify that the same person is moving from page to page.
ii. Persistent cookies - I also use certain cookies that are persistent, meaning that they last beyond your session enabling us to tell when you return to my website
- 3.5 This site uses Google Analytics to allow us to track how popular my site is and to record visitor trends over time. Google Analytics uses three cookies to help track which pages are accessed. The cookies contain no personally-identifiable information, but they do use your computer's IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the site from, and to track your page visits within the site.
Google Analytics's usage of cookies is described here.
- 3.6 This site has the Andrew Shearer Facebook feed embedded on every page.
- 3.7 This site has the Andrew Shearer Twitter feed embedded on every page.
- 3.9 You can stop third party cookies (such as those I use for Google Analytics) being stored on your computer by blocking third party cookies from within your browser:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- (b) in Firefox (version 36) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 41), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- 3.10 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- (b) in Firefox (version 36), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 41), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
4. Do I share the information with anyone else?
- I, Andrew Shearer, will not, without your consent or unless required by law, divulge to a third party any personal information that I have access to.
Use of the www.andrewshearer.com website and services indicates your consent to the collection and use of information as described in this policy. Any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
6. Governing Law